BET Awards; anticipation

posted under , , by Jasmine Nicole

So if the BET awards '09 wasn't a big thing to look forward to it sure is now.
Due to the tragic and sudden death of the King Of Pop Michael Jackson, I think a lot of people will be tuning in, to see what the tribute will be like. As well as who will be paying respects and specifically doing tribute performances.

One singer who all are hoping to see hit the stage is Chris Brown of course. I'm soo tired of the Chris B. and Rihanna scandal and I feel others should be too. They've went to court, he's sentenced let the man be and continue to make music. I recently thought about JT doing a performance because people always tried to compare him or say he was trying to impersonate Michael. Also besides "Dead & Gone" we haven't heard or seen much from JT. Well I know I haven't!
So overall I will be tuning in to the BET awards tomorrow and I hope BET doesn't disappoint.
Here are my nominee predictions.

Best New Artist
Keri Hilson
Kid Cudi
Ryan Leslie
M.I.A.
Jazmine Sullivan

Best Group
Day26
GS Boyz
N.E.R.D.
The Roots
Three 6 Mafia

seriously though, I don't mind the stanky leg but they have not proven anyhting to be nominated "best group." Three 6 Mafia? where are they? I would have to say N.E.R.D but because it's BET they'll probably pick Bitchass26

Best Female R&B Artist
Beyoncé
Keyshia Cole
Keri Hilson
Jennifer Hudson
Jazmine Sullivan

This is a hard one, I will say this how can a artist be New and the best. If they're so New have they really proved or shown themselves to be the best. Is the female singers really that scarce.
I would give it to Keyshia Cole, she's proved herself and has grown a lot since she first came out.
Next up, Jazmine then Beyonce, Jennifer and finally Keri.

Best Male Hip-Hop Artist
Lil Wayne
Rick Ross
T.I.
Kayne West
Young Jeezy

Do we really need to ask this, if Rick Ross doesn't get it I'm going to be tiiight.
Wayne has been on some other shit, I still like him but naah.
T.I is T.I, they better not give it to him on some sympathy type shit.
Tierra Marie said Wayne because of Tha Carter III, good point buttt.
Kayne West and Jeezy have good chances as well, but Rick Ross hands down.

Video of the Year
Beyoncé – “If I Were a Boy”
Beyoncé – “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)”
Jamie Foxx f/ T-Pain – “Blame It”
T.I. f/ Rihanna – “Live Your Life”
Kanye West – “Heartless”

Best Male R&B Artist
The-Dream
Jamie Foxx
Ryan Leslie
Ne-Yo
T-Pain


Best Female Hip-Hop Artist
Lil Mama
M.I.A.
Trina


Trina of course, but M.I.A has a good chance too.

Viewer’s Choice
Beyoncé - “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)”
Keri Hilson f/ Lil Wayne - “Turnin’ Me On”
Lil Wayne - “A Milli”
Soulja Boy Tell’em f/ Sammie - “Kiss Me Thru the Phone”
T.I. f/ Rihanna - “Live Your Life”
T-Pain f/ Lil Wayne - “Can’t Believe It”
Kanye West - “Love Lockdown”

This is a hard one minus, Soulja Boy. They all were hot songs.
I'm going to have to go with Single Ladies, or Can't Believe it.

Best Collaboration
Jamie Foxx f/ T-Pain - “Blame It”
Keri Hilson f/ Lil Wayne - “Turnin’ Me On”
Jim Jones f/ Ron Browz and Juelz Santana - “Pop Champagne”
T.I. f/ Rihanna - “Live Your Life”
Yung L.A. f/ Young Dro and T.I. - “Ain’t I”


BET J Award
Musiq Soulchild
Raphael Saadiq
Seal
Solange
Jazmine Sullivan

I don't know what the J award is for, so I'll just throw a guess out there.
Jazmine Sullivan or Solange.

Some categories require little thought while others are hard.
Like I said its BET so it can go in any direction.


The 2009 BET Awards air live on Sunday at 8 p.m.

1 comments

Make A Comment
top